Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Japanese Green Whiskey....

I was fortunate enough to spend some time in Japan in 2006 on a Fulbright and I love going through my old photos and reminiscing about my immersion into their culture.

One thing I enjoyed was visiting the elementary schools and having conversations with the inquisitive children.


I never dreamed we would be wearing masks in the US, quite like they wore while serving lunch for me and their whole class!

The side trips were amazing:


Hiking Mt Fuji is a day I will never forget!


The food was a challenge for me - I lived on salad and fruit and offered the rest to whomever was lucky enough to sit beside me!


I am not fond of fish nor rice, so when pickled radishes and orange slices showed up as garnishes I was always excited!


My point to all this is to share a cocktail with you.

 I have to say this was refreshing:


It is a strong drink, but I liked it more than Sake!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. Well that sounds interesting. It's fun to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, you've shared the joy of this experience with me, and it's fun to see more photos. Memories of teaching experiences are fun to pull back out! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must have been an amazing trip Patti. Always challenging to find something we like to eat in a foreign country. Those salads and orange slices would look delicious to me as well..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's quite a combo for a cocktail...I guess the green tea makes it healthy 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Patti. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment! However, I inadvertently deleted it!!!! Sometimes my brain does the whackiest things...and my isolation brain has been in overdrive! I am so sorry but I really did appreciate it. I have never been abroad but would really like to someday. I used to teach my kiddos at school a unit on Japan and it was always so interesting to me. I would teach them "a few" Japanese words and all about the tea ceremony, etc. It was always fun and the children seemed to enjoy it. I'm with you on that food!!! I think I saw some shrimp which I would probably eat but sushi NO THANK YOU! Now I'm off to catch up on your posts. I have been behind in blog reading. Hope all is well with you and yours. STAY HEALTHY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trip sounds fabulous. How fun to blend in and try their culture. I do love fish and rice. The cocktail is so different. I bet it has a punch.

    ReplyDelete