Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Cornbread Croutons...

We had some leftover cornbread and it just doesn't taste as well the next day, so I decided to make croutons!


I tossed the cubes in EVOO and a few seasonings, and spread them out on parchment paper:


I baked them in the oven at 400° for 10 minutes, flipped them over and put them back in for another 5 minutes.  I turned off the oven and let them sit in there for another 5-10 to get them real crispy.


They added a nice flavor and crunch to our side salads!


Home made croutons are always tastier than store bought!



These were a perfect topping for our salads!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to buy cornbread croutons. I never make cornbread but maybe I should, just for the croutons! (Isn't the TJ everything seasoning the best?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cornbread croutons look crispy and yummy. I love to make croutons and yes always better homemade!

    ReplyDelete