Sunday, April 5, 2020

Black and white checked face masks....

I am sharing 2 ideas to create your own face masks.  

Many ideas and a variety of directions can now be found online, so be creative and make yourself a cute mask!

This is what I did:

I scanned a sheet of MacKenzie-Childs gift wrap paper and printed it onto computer printer fabric. (you can purchase it HERE) and used a 'painters mask' as a base:


I sprayed temporary adhesive onto the mask to hold the fabric in place so I could trim it and pin it:


I used a simple basting stitch to secure the fabric onto the mask...


...and stitched around the mask:


I am not sure if this meets safety standards, but it sure is cute!!

 

And here I am, at my "quarantined-best",  desperate for a hair cut, no make-up, but ready to fight off germs!


Or you can use a bandana....


....and rubber bands....


...for a mask to cover more of your face:


But, I really don't see myself going very many places and have stayed home for the past 3 weeks, except for a few outdoor walking adventures! 

 Whatever you do, stay safe, be cautious and keep your hands clean!!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! The painter's mask is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check for painter's masks in our garage storage, good idea. Stay home, stay safe! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made such cute masks! Stay safe and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you would create an MKC face mask! I saw the tshirt/rubber band tutorial by the Surgeon General, I am going to make that one when I have to venture out to the store next...btw, you look really cute in your masks Patti!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! How can I get a copy of the scanned paper?

    ReplyDelete