Saturday, February 15, 2020

Valentine Lunch with Rebecca Proctor at MacKenzie-Childs in Aurora....

Yesterday, Valentine's Day, I attended a luncheon at MacKenzie-Childs in Aurora, NY. 


 It was hosted by Rebecca Proctor, creative director and chief brand officer, and held in the historic farmhouse.


The front doors were decorated with heart shaped wreaths which welcomed us into the foyer...


...to a festive table decorated with a lovely bouquet of fresh flowers in the Great Vase.


The dining room Diorama Table was cheerfully decorated with a parade of cloches housing Patience Brewster characters......







...Apothecary Jars filled with candy conversation hearts, Courtly Check heart dishes....


....Taylor Cabbage Rose Heart dishes and chowder bowls and canisters filled with nosegays of fresh flowers.



Each place setting was layered with a Sweet Briar  dinner dish, a Courtly Check enamel dish, a vintage Lollipop dish and a Courtly Check Compote.  The napkins were folded into hearts accented with a petite flower and a gingham bow.  The Blooming Flute was filled with champagne for a toast!


The chandelier was decorated with lots of courtly checked flowers and bows....


...and cheery hearts...


Twelve of us introduced ourselves and then listened to Rebecca share her history with company!


Rebecca exudes joyfulness, enthusiasm and pride and shared some delightful tales of her many years working at MacKenzie-Childs.  

Todd, Farmhouse Tour Guide extraordinaire, was our "butler for the day"!


Rebecca is warm, inspiring and cheerful and it is so apparent that she loves her position in the company.  Her jaunty tales and perky personality kept us all amazed with her energy and commitment to inspiring and developing new ideas constantly!  You can't help but smile as she shared her enthusiasm with us!



The luncheon, prepared by the Inns of Aurora, was delicious.  We began with a champagne toast and then we were served a beet and cauliflower pureed soup, chicken or salmon, a tasty tomato and spinach farro and dessert was a decadent heart shaped chocolate torte with raspberry syrup! 


After lunch we all received a sweet gift, the Cabbage Rose Heart Dish with chocolates, signed and dated by Rebecca!  

This is such a special memento and I will treasure the memory it will hold.


Rebecca finally got to meet my Traveling Tote, Miss Kenzie and invited me to share the Tales of the Traveling Tote series with the rest of the guests:


It was a magical day, filled with cheer and pure delight and I smiled all the way home!


A special thanks to Liz who organized this luncheon,  Linda who decorated the farmhouse and the Inns of Aurora for the delicious cuisine!  This was a very special Valentine's Day!

Joining Life and Linda
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

14 comments:

  1. I can't imagine a more special invitation! Every detail was extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!! I loved the tablescape!! I hope you don't mind that I shared this post on my face book page...
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda Walker did an amazing job of decorating the farmhouse. She's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing opportunity to dine with Rebecca at the Mackenzie Child’s Farmhouse. The decor is so beautifully decorated. Lots of inspiration here for those of us who love to entertain, especially with Mackenzie Child’s. I am so happy for you Patti. I would be smiling all the way home too.thnk you for sharing this wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! You’re fortunate to have had this opportunity. Lucky girl. Thanx for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your awesome experience with us. Loved that you got to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be smiling for days and days! Visiting the farmhouse is always a very special opportunity, but to be a guest at the table is truly fabulous! The farmhouse decorated for valentines makes this MKC heart of mine sing with joy! I'm thrilled you and MIss Kenzie were special guests for this event and that you could share the story of the Traveling Totes. Thanks for sharing all the photos and details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous day you all had at that exceptional table! Rebecca is truly the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow and wow Patti! Omg, MKC heaven, from the front door thru the foyer to that incredible table!! I can't believe you actually got to eat at that beautiful table! The cloches full of Patience Brewster whimsy and the MKC vases of flowers, swoon! The chandy, the napkins, and your very special gift...Wow! AND I can't believe she invited you to tell the story of the Tales of the Traveling Totes!! So amazing... you are so amazing! Thanks so much for sharing this delightful Valentine adventure!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Patti, I think my own Valentine heart has stopped while viewing this post! What a grand day you had! They have put two of my favorites together now - Patience Brewster, and MacKenzie-Childs - such a perfect fit. Wish I could have transformed into a Patience Brewster figurine and hopped into Miss Kenzie to travel along with you. Not only would it have been wonderful to see and admire the table, but to dine and be entertained by Rebecca - she is so adorable! You two looked great together, and how fun to get to tell the TTT's story! I would have been pinching myself the whole way home. Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Patti, I feel like you just invited me to tour a Mac-Kenzie Childs fairy tale tour. What a special event for you to attend and meet Rebecca and sit and have lunch at that stunning table! What a joy this must have been for you and to get to share The Tales of the Traveling Tote series with those attending. A fantasy dream come true! I oohed and awed over each photo, thanks for this tour.........

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an event. So much detail and I love every bit of it. What a fun event!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow! How happy I am for you to have been invited to such a magnificently memorable luncheon. I can't think of another MC fan as deserving! You are a wonderful ambassador for their brand. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patti, I enjoyed seeing the beautiful luncheon at MacKenzie-Childs. The table was stunning, and I loved the cloches best! What did the other guests share? I met Rebecca at the Barn Sale 8 years ago, and she was so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete