Friday, January 10, 2020

Ten on the 10th...Scarf Storage....


I have too many scarves, however in Central NY during the cold months I wear one every day!  I thought this storage hack was worth sharing again

#1.  I tried the scarf  "clothes hangers" with huge holes, and that didn't work.  As I tugged one out of the large hole, the others would follow and I would end up with a few on the floor.

#2.  I tried folding them neatly on my closet shelf and they would end up with creases (and I always wanted the one on the bottom of the pile - see result #1)

#3. I tried "s" hooks (see result #1)

#4 I tried to stop buying scarves - that was a joke!

SO....

I found a store that was throwing out "sock hangers"  ....



...and I bought an expandable curtain rod.  I hung it up at the end of my closet 



I can see them all and they are easy to grab!

And here is an old video to remind you of the many ways to wear a scarf:






This didn't even cost me $10 to organize!!



Visit these other Ten on the 10th participants to get some storage inspiration:


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

11 comments:

  1. Now that is a genius idea, Patti!! I will be saving my sock hangers from now on!! Great fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Patti! I have the same problem and mine are currently in a drawer - see problems number 1 and 2. I'm going to need a lot of sock hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of scarves. I love how you organized them. They are ready for wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so much nicer than the hangers I have mine on. Never thought about using those sock hangers. Thanks for sharing this great tip to organize scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great solution for you Patti. I often save those odd little hangers from socks, underwear, etc. for just such things, but I don't own THAT many scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My scarves are currently hung with belt hangers, mostly with you result #1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a great solution! My scarves are folded and stacked on shelves in windowpane boxes. Like you, not ideal, but it keeps me discipline!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely ever wear scarves unless it's really cold. My friends give them to me all the time because my neck is so scarred from surgery....I guess it bothers them more than it bothers me! ;P I like your idea for storage because you can see them at a glance. Brilliant!

    Happy New Year!!!
    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you do have a lot of scarves! Great storage idea! Love the video!
    Jennq

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea Patti, Your scarves look so pretty and organized
    I am featuring your Scarf Storage today at love Your Creativity. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete