Sunday, November 10, 2019

It's all in the presentation....

I am sharing these ideas with the Ten on the 10th group.  Our monthly challenge must cost less than $10 and we post connecting links on the 10th of the month!



I believe that the presentation of a gift is just as important as the gift itself.

Here are a few ideas for gift wrapping your holiday gifts and each idea costs well under $10 to make.




SNOW MAN TIN CAN

I took a large commercial size can and spray painted it red, drilled two holes, one on each side, and tied a ribbon through each hole for a handle.  The snowman was an unpainted wooden ornament purchased for $1 at a craft store.  After painting it, I adhered it to the front with glue gun.  

***************************



SNOWMAN BAG

I laid a white paper lunch bag flat and traced a small plate to create the curve and then cut on the line. I folded the top down about 2-4 inches. The hat, eyes, nose and holly leaf are cut freehand out of a craft foam sheet and then glued them on (I punched small stars out of the eyes to add a twinkle). The hat band is a scrap piece of ribbon and I used a marker for his pebble mouth.

************************



SANTA BAG

I laid a paper lunch bag flat and a square (about 5") of green holiday fabric was cut out and glued on the front side. A strip of fake fur was glued along the bottom edge. His eyes were little painted dots and his nose is a pom pom. To fold the hat, fold back from corner to opposite corner of the fabric to form a triangle. Then fold down the top point forward. A jute bow was glued on the tip of the hat. Santa's beard was a 7" x 11" piece of muslin, folded in 1/2 to form a 7" x 5 1/2" strip. Glue a 7" piece of jute inside the fold. Tear small strips, 1/2"apart, up towards the folded edge with the jute, stopping 1/2" before fold. Glue this in a curve onto bag.

******************************



PRINGLES CAN
Wrap a Pringles can in wrapping paper or scrapbook paper and adhere a floral pic and bow.  Perfect for "cookies"!



SNOWMAN TIN
Take a soup can and wrap in craft paper.  Create the snowman with squares of card stock , rubbing chalk on edges for dimension, adding mini buttons and a foam hat and nose.  Tie on a tag!

************************************


Choose a theme to wrap your gifts such as these....Black and white and a sprig of greenery and berries

*************************

Every gift is a wish for your happiness!!

*********************

Visit these other creative women to see how they spent their $10:


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. Patti you are so creative! I love each and everyone of these. I was considering doing black, white and red wrapping this year but was on the fence. You have certainly convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect blog post for the start of the holiday. I love making the gift wrapping thoughtful just as much as the gift inside. I am going to pin this to remember when I start wrapping this year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great ideas here Patti! You are having too much fun! I love the twinkle snowman eyes! They are all adorable,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas, Patti. That Pringles can looks so elegant...I guess I better start eating Pringles so I can upcycle the container!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ideas, Patti! I agree about presentation. It is part of the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will always remember the compliments from my mom when I would wrap her gifts with TLC. She was not one to fuss over wrapping gifts (I always say she was an athlete and not a crafty person). I love all these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good snowy morning Patti,
    I can't figure out how to pin from your blog and I love the gift presentation ideas. You go girl. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky,
      Just hover over the photo and click on the red SAVE icon on top left corner!

      Delete
    2. something must be wrong with my connection because hovering doesn't work from your post. Thanks anyway.

      Delete