Sunday, November 3, 2019

Christmas at the MacKenzie-Childs Farmhouse in Aurora, NY


The Farmhouse at MacKenzie-Childs in Aurora was all decked out for the holidays this past weekend. (to read about the farmhouse, go HERE)

As you enter the front door you are welcomed by this pretty tree draped in Courtly Check Daisy Ribbon, and a chandelier draped in white branches:


The Diorama table in the formal dining room was set for 6....




The Cheltenham vases were filled with greenery, branches and berries:


The study had such a cute pine arrangement draped out of the tureen.  This table has a cute story, and If I remember it correctly it is painted from a turtle's eye view of the farmland and lake:


A simple tray on the ottoman makes you feel so welcome in this room!


The breakfast room is loaded with pastel ornaments under large cloches and the chandelier was adorned in greenery, branches and ornaments: 



Who wouldn't enjoy breakfast at this lovely setting of mixed dinnerware?


A precious little Home Sweet Snow tree on a Courtly Checked trunk coordinated with the colors of the wallpaper and window treatments....


...and the sideboard was tastefully decorated with bottle brush trees and some more enamel:


The kitchen has always caught my eye, with it's beautiful Honeymoon tile backsplash....


...and open shelving, always displaying their lovely hand painted ceramics:


The mudroom sported many of their Christmas pillows.  This bench is not available, however there are many new styles...


...and I adore the grouping of the Capiz trees on the shelf with the delicate greenery garland:


There is a variety of lovely wreaths on their website and this one drew your eye outside to the Duck Pond:


 The Pointsettia Capiz Tree decorated the Butler's Pantry:


 The living room was decorated with a huge tree embellished in an assortment of lovely ornaments....





...and the mantle is a work of art, all hand painted majolica:


Santa was hiding in the corner by this exquisite mirror:


This is a clever idea...only wrap the bottom of a gift box in CC wrapping paper:


Even though it was Nov 1st, and pumpkins and fall decor were in the entryway, the store was also beginning to show signs of the holidays.


This lovely tree was in the back of the store, adorned in pastels and snowflakes:


A faux mantle nearby displayed an assortment of holiday decor:


If you have a chance to be in the Finger Lakes region of NY this holiday season, you must stop and visit Aurora, a quaint little town on Cayuga Lake, with 5 lovely Inns, MacKenzie-Childs, and many local wineries!  




Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

13 comments:

  1. Loved this post!! Thanks so much for sharing!! Will be sharing this on face book!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who could ever tire of touring the farmhouse?☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tour. So many different looks. Love the pink chargers. I bet it was fabulous to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MKC farmhouse is always a treat to visit, but I can only imaine how special it is at Christmas. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The farmhouse is so joyful, and so special at Christmas. Joe took my picture in front of the tree in the retail store :-) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti, I am really anxious for Christmas decorating (even though I don't know what I'll be using of my many tubs stored). This is a perfect trip to inspire. I love the mud room and the large tree! Thanks for sharing this. You're so lucky to live so near to MC and to be able to enjoy all the sales firsthand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Patti, WOW! What a treat for your readers for you to bring us on a tour of the MC farmhouse! I love every photo which is filled with incredible decorating inspiration. I love the photos of you, an adorable little elf with that MC twinkle in your eye!!! I'm going to stroll through this post many times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a fun way to get excited about Christmas! The breakfast nook place settings were amazing with those beaded placemats. I feel all Christmasy just seeing this. Thanks for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking us along Patti, wow, eye candy overload!! Did you spend hours and hours looking?? What did you buy? Everything looks absolutely amazing!! Lucky you!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely decorations, so elaborate! - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fabulous decorations! I always wonder how these old homes found such amazing things to use.
    Thanks for sharing these lovely photos, the house is so beautiful.

    I'm glad to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!


    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful place to get those creative juices flowing. Now I want to go to the Farmhouse, too. The upholstered dining chairs had fabulous fabric. Wish I had a spot for those in my house. Thanks so much for taking us along for a peek. It was absolutely delightful! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete