Tuesday, October 29, 2019

A little of "this and that" from October....


October flew by quickly and we enjoyed some of the cooler weather!  Here is a recap of the last few weeks:

I picked the last of the summer roses....


...we picked out our pumpkin from the local farm...


..and I did a little fall decorating...


...we picked lots and lots of apples...


...and enjoyed a few rides to take in the foliage...


...I picked the last few tomatoes from my garden...


....we enjoyed the beautiful fall sunrises over the pond in the mornings...


....there's been lots of football-watchin' and snacks by the TV....


...and baseball world series games...


... fun times and trickery moments were spent with the "littles"...


...and precious time was spent with 4 generations....and ONE little "pumpkin" on the way!!


...and we "showered" our youngest with lots of gifts for grandson #3...


...we enjoyed some "specialty" drinks to take off the chill of cool afternoons...


...and mornings!!!....


....I enjoyed setting the table for fall meals....


...with pumpkins and autumn flowers....


...and cooking delicious fall meals...


...with some favorite recipes...


...and here is a recipe for one of my favorite fall side dishes:

CHEESY-GARLIC SPAGHETTI SQUASH

Cut a small to medium spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds.  Microwave in a pan with 1/2 water about 15 minutes until tender.  Scoop out "squash noodles" and immediately stir in one crushed clove of garlic and 1/4 cup parmesan-reggiano cheese.  Place in a casserole dish and sprinkle a few tablespoons of mozzarella cheese on top.  Bake for 20 minutes at 350'


It was a busy October and it certainly flew by quickly!



Happy Halloween to all!!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you're having a lovely fall Patti! I wish you lived nearby, I'd be joining you often for one of your delicious cocktails! I had lunch with Emily and Ricki Jill yesterday and we talked about how excited we are that you've gotten MKC to notice us!! Your 4 generation photo is awesome!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun. you really know how to do it up right. Love the cocktails.

    ReplyDelete