Sunday, March 10, 2019

Ten on the Tenth....BBQ RUB

Our Ten on the Tenth challenge this month was to Think Spring for under $10.



With "Barbecue Season" right around the corner, I thought I would share my recipe for a "BBQ RUB".  This is perfect on all grilled meats, especially hamburgers.


All of these spices were in my cupboard!

I usually make up a few batches of this so I have it on hand.   When I am invited to a BBQ at a friend's house it is perfect for a little hostess gift,  especially when wrapped like this:


I printed the recipe onto card stock paper and rolled it into a tube (You can also use a toilet paper tube):



I wrapped the 1 cup of the BBQ Rub in a small zip bag... 


...and placed inside of the paper tube  and then stitched it on each end, opposite ways:



I can be tucked it into a bouquet of flowers for the hostess:



The rub costs only a few dollars to make a cup (with plenty of spices left over)  and the packaging is basically free!

For other seasoning recipes and packaging, go HERE , HERE and HERE

Please visit these other bloggers to see how they spent their $10 to welcome spring:


Barb at French Ethereal

Benita at Chasing Quaintness

Carol at BlueskyatHome

Cindy at CountyRoad407

Eilis at My Heart Lives Here 



Laura at Decor to Adore 

Susan at Homeroad 

Tammy at Patina and Paint 

Patti at Pandora’s Box  You are Here!

Also visit us on Instagram:  #tenonthe10th



Thanks for stopping by!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. Patti, I pinned this! I love it and what an adorable hostess gift! So perfect!! I love homemade gifts and this one is great for anytime of the year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok that's a great idea... I can not wait until bbq season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! Every year we host my husbands family's Father's Day BQ. This would make such fun gifts for the Fathers. I love not only the rub but the tube you made. I'm so making some of these. Pining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that sounds perfect for a spring BBQ. I just need the snow to melt so I can make my way to the grill! ;) Off to pin for sunnier days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and clever idea! I think it might be perfect for Fathers Day. My hubby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that is one fantastic idea! My husband would even love that, minus the flowers but would love it! And I had no idea you could just sew it on the ends! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great idea, Patti! Happy 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the 10 on the 10th posts Patti, and this is a great one! Cute and clever packaging! Yes, a great host/hostess gift!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. I'll have to give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete