Thursday, October 20, 2011

Homemade Southwest Rub for Grilling

I am planning ahead for Christmas gifts and made a great Southwest flavored rub for chicken, beef or fish. These will be added to baskets of goodies for the neighbors.
The recipe is at the bottom of this post.
I mixed all the spices and herbs in a plastic bowl:
I ran some small white bags through the printer:
and I packaged 2 T of the mix in small clear baggies:
The baggies just fit into the paper bags:
and then I punched holes in the top and tied it closed with a twine bow:
This recipe made 16 little gift packets:
Southwest Rub
1/3 c course salt
1/4 c lt brown sugar
2 T paprika
2 T black pepper
2 T oregano
2 T thyme
1 T cayenne pepper
1 T cumin
1T coriander
1 T chili powder
Mix all together well and enjoy on chicken, fish or beef!

Sharing with:
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea, Patti. I especially like the way you packaged it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti, I've made a similar rub and it's awesome! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to give a few handmade gifts this year, your rub sounds like just the thing! Thank you so much for sharing it.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti,
    What a great idea to run the bags through the printer! You are so clever. I plan to give some homemade goodies as Christmas presents. This would be a great addition. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now this is positively INSPIRED!! What a lovely, personal little gift to tuck in with a Christmas card! LOVE the idea...AND the recipe! THANKS!

    Deborah (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you have a minute to stop by too...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had such a great idea to plan ahead so early. Looks like a great recipe!
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your neighbors must love you! Cute packaging too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Patti! I am really excited about it! Now, we only have to wait a year! lol...

    The rub will make wonderful Christmas gifts! My hubby would love this...he is always looking for new rubs to put on steak and chicken for grilling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patti! Your rub sounds amazing! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patti,
    You are on the ball already getting Christmas gifts together!! Thanks for sharing the rub recipe and your cute idea for packaging, it makes a wonderful gift!
    Also love the pillow you made in the previous post!!
    Hope you are doing well.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete