Friday, February 22, 2019

While on vacation I read a few good books.....

I decided to remove myself from Social Media and TV while on vacation in Grand Cayman last week.  It was a nice break and I was able to read 4 books while enjoying the beach and pool!



The first book I read was The Last Mrs Parrish....proof positive that you never know what goes on in another's marriage - I was engrossed and couldn't put it down!  The thrilling twist was a great surprise!


I immediately opened this book, The Couple Next Door and couldn't wait to read "The end".  It was a bit stretched out and the story could have been told in less pages!!  The new parents are at a dinner party at their neighbors home when a crime is committed.  It had a surprising twist, but took forever to get to it!!


I enjoyed Driving Lessons  - Sarah and her husband leave NYC jobs and move to the country.  She is challenged living in a quaint southern town and hasn't driven a car in years!!  Cute story!


I ended my vacation by finishing this book just as the plane landed and we arrived home!  I "lived in" Now That You Mention It .  This was a fast moving read and I actually laughed out loud a few times!  Nora's life is falling apart so she returns home, a place she doesn't feel welcomed.



 I still have one more to read.....I have read all of Hilderbrand's novels and just need to find some quiet time to sink into this one:



Have you read a good one lately?


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. I have never read Hilderbrand since I work in a bookstore everyone tells me books I should read and she is usually is one they mention. I love Kate Morton and I am saving a Louise Penny for my vacation coming up.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read and read a couple books a week. Thanks for the recommendations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those all sound promising - will check them out. I am reading The Canopy, and its so slow going...previous to that I can't remember what I read! I do love reading and I could use some new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading and thank you so much for the recommendations! I've never been able to get into a Kindle or Nook because I like the smell of books and love turning the pages! Happy Friday! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Patti, I always love to hear what people are reading and enjoying! I love Elin H, and good for you for reading so many books on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look so good, and I haven't read any of them! I know several folks who've read The Last Mrs. Parrish, and they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been reading the free books that Amazon Prime gives us monthly, but would really like a book that I can't put down. These all look good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these but I need to choose something for our beach trip coming up soon. There is nothing like a good book while on vacation for those cozy afternoons, especially a rainy day. Thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete