Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Ten on the Tenth

It's time again for 10 on the Tenth....Here are a few fall ideas that can be made for well under $10 each:

A pin can be made out of a simple ice cream spoon, with a little paint and a pin back for almost nothing.  Wooden spoons and pin backs can be purchased at the craft store for under $5


Paint stirring sticks are free at any hardware store.  A little paint and jute twine makes for a cute wall decoration:


or a magnet:



Wooden unfinished pumpkin shapes can be purchased at local craft stores and department stores for $1 - $2 each.  A little bit of paint and a magnet can doll up your refrigerator in no time:


...or glue it on a spray painted tin can to hold candy:



Purchase a quarter of a yard of orange burlap for under $2 to create this FALL banner, using a black sharpie to draw on the letters and glue them onto jute twine:


Yoyo Pumpkins can be made quickly with scraps of fabric and jute twine....


and cost less than $2 to make each one!


Directions here

Or simply take an old can out of your recycling bin and fill it with the "end of the summer" flowers and herbs:





Join these other bloggers to see their creative fall ideas for under $10:



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

13 comments:

  1. Patti, the super cute decorations from the wood sticks are precious ~ may win the prize for cutest and least expensive. The fabric pumpkins and twine are a great idea. Thanks for sharing on Ten on the 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti you always amaze me! So many ideas - so cute!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paint stick ornaments are too cute. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great Fall ideas!!! Love them all !! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas, Patti. The stirrers are such a cute idea, and I love the late summer flowers bouquet in the pretty can. That one's a keeper! Lovely colors! Thanks for letting me tag along with the group. As per the norm, I misunderstood what I was supposed to do! ;P Adult ADD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ideas! I'm a fan of recycling used containers as a vase. I have a can of pumpkin that I fill with flowers for fall. Of course I love the CC vignette the most. Cute idea for the fabric pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pumpkins are darling! Enjoy your day, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, I love them all! The wooden pins are just darling and the flowers in the can bring me back to my childhood. What a wonderful post...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute! I don't have any cans that adorable in my recycle bin, but I will be looking out for them the next time I shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all great ideas and so much fun! I especially like the scarecrow stick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You girls with multiple ideas!! These are all so cute, Patti! I still have the paint stick Christmas ornaments my sons made in preschool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all such cute ideas Patti! I really love the painted pumpkin magnet on the candy bucket and the pretty can full of flowers! Great fall crafts!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete