Saturday, October 14, 2017

JOSH’S LAZY ROASTED GARLIC & POTATO SOUP....



I love soups.
Any kind.
Hot or cold.

So when fall comes around I am always on the hunt to try some new ones.

While shopping on the Beckman 1802 website I came across this Roasted Garlic and Potato Soup recipe and had to try it!

My table is set for just the two of us - no need to share this soup as it was so tasty!!


I served warm rolls with this hearty soup...


...and we ate in the dining room.


I set the table with matching blue checked bowls...


...and a bread plate, all purchased many, many years ago at the Christmas Tree Shoppe 

These would actually be a nice compliment the new, Limited Edition Taylor FETE bowl:


This Fete Bowl is handmade and hand painted in Aurora, NY and will be signed by Rebecca Proctor, Creative Director at MacKenzie-Childs.


I served the soup with this large silver spoon that Mom passed down to me!


I anchored the soup bowls with my 38 year old Corelle luncheon plates and MacKenzie-Childs enamel dinner plates, and placed the serving bowl on top of my Courtly Checked compote....


and I used Pottery Barn flatware.


My hand painted candlesticks held battery operated candlesticks from Ikea.

I followed the recipe from their website, Beckman1802.com...


...and only the only thing I would add is some more spicy seasonings...


...pureed it in my blender and added a few cups of stock...


..and heated it quickly on the stove....


...and I must say, it was delish - very garlicky and creamy!
And I served it with garlic dinner rolls:




I highly recommend this recipe and it can be found HERE

Sharing with Worthing Court

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, Patti. I thought the bowls were MKC, great complement to the bowl, you're right. I love those Corelle dishes - such work horses, and light to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the Fete Bowl!!! Love the colors. Your table is gorgeous! And I think we'd love this recipe so thanks so much for the link! Enjoy your Sunday!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soup sounds divine Patti, and your table is gorgeous! Did you paint the candlesticks, they are fabulous!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That sounds just delicious, Patti. I love the bowls and the whole table setting is just so very pretty. I have been on a soup kick, too, I made a big batch of corn and bacon chowder last night and just finished the last bowl of it watching the Packer game here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new soup recipes! Thanks for sharing! Your table is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your cute dishes! And I am a SOUP lover! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure that soup is delicious Patti! I would love a bowl, thank you and especially the way you've served it up. Love the table and those gorgeous bowls........

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soup looks delicious, Patti, and looks so special served on your McKenzie dishes.... Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dishes are just gorgeous and the soup looks great. The temps dipped a bit here tonight...it would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete