Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Little Blue Truck

Are you familiar with this children's book?


I wasn't but a friend in my neighborhood was having a themed birthday party for her son and asked me to create a photo booth for the party.

I welcomed the challenge and first sketched out the truck on paper:


Foam board was the best option for the photo booth:


 I traced it onto foam board:


I used an x-acto to cut it out:


And then I painted...


…and painted...


And here is the birthday boy in his photo booth!


Sharing this tutorial with Hope Studios

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

19 comments:

  1. What a great job you did! Darling idea.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, you are amazing! This is such a clever idea. I'm passing it along to my sister who has five grands all 5 and younger. Love this idea for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you attach the foam board to to stay upright?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find the animal balloons? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DId you free-hand sketch the truck?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you get the foam board to stay upright?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you get the foam board to stay upright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, never saw this comment until today - I made 2 "T" stands behind the tires

      Delete
  8. Hi Patti.. I love the little blue truck photo booth. My son's birthday is on the 18th and this is his favorite book. I was wondering if you did custom orders or would be willing to take an order? I am hoping you say yes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I didn't see this comment, but NO, I wouldn't have taken an order anyway!

      Delete
  9. Where can I find a foam board that large?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What dimensions are the dimentions was the board you used? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Did you use acrylic paint?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! I tried making it with the foam board but as my paint is drying my foam board is curling. Did you see this? Any recommendations to help?

    ReplyDelete