Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bathtub Beach, Hutchinson Island, Florida

Bathtub Beach is at the end of Hutchinson Island.

"Sometimes the name says it all. And with water as calm, and soothing as a soak in your home bathtub, Bathtub Beach on Hutchinson Island is, indeed, one of Central Florida's most gentle stretches of sands. And because the sun warmed, salty water gently laps at the sands in the most unthreatening way, Bathtub Beach is also one of the most rubber ducky-friendly shores on the Atlantic Ocean, a favorite seashore outing for children and their families. Protected by a wide band of rocky coral reefs, Bathtub Beach enjoys a low tide lagoon effect, creating shallow pools of water safe for even the toddler tourist. Not just for babies, Bathtub Beach also draws serious scuba divers and kite and windsurfers". source



BUT, last night it was not calm at all!  The waves were crashing, the surfers were in their glory and I walked and walked along the shoreline.


The rough waters washed up many shells:


As the waves rolled in....


...and the skies turned pink...


...and as the sun set behind me over the intracoastal...


....reality set in and reminded me that my vacation ends on Wednesday!



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you had a blast! Stay a little longer if you can. It's supposed to start raining on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The shells and the pink sky are just remarkable!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote with Debbie. Stay! I'm just a tad envious of your beach time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete