Thursday, June 7, 2012

Recycled Items Made into Clothing! Recycle Runway

When I used to teach Fashion Design, yearly I challenged my students to do a recycling project. The high school students always surprised me with their creativity.

As I was dashing though the airport in Atlanta, I saw these fabulous displays of everyday trash items turned into clothing. I had only enough time to pull out the camera and take a few shots and quickly saw that they were designed by artist and environmental educator Nancy Judd, and her display is called Recycle Runway

The first suit is made from tires:
This is my favorite - made from "caution tape":
And finally, another outfit made from tires!

For more designs of Eco Trash Couture visit Nancy Judd
Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! They are all very creative!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool indeed! I especially love that first suit.

    And who knew you taught fashion design!?!

    ReplyDelete