Friday, May 6, 2011

Wine Tasting Party ~ Q and A

Last week I shared my Wine Tasting Party and I received tons of emails asking for more information.
First, The favorite wine of the night was Fissata Red. It was a "light sparkling wine, with a nose of musky roses, a mouth full of sweet red fruits and a gentle effervescence that keeps you coming back for more". It is a blend of three indigenous Italian grapes and was $17.99 a bottle.

The label on the wine is adorable!
We also tasted a Kuri Limari Valley Sauvignon Blanc from Chile, a Scotto Chardonnay Marsanne from California, Tanglerose Sonoma Country Backyard Red from California and Vina Alamosa Premium Cabernet Sauvignon Cachapoal Valley from Chile.
The company that came to my home is The Traveling Vineyard and the wine consultant also gave us lessons on tasting and shared some wine accessories (they sell a fabulous corkscrew!)
I purchased a variety of cheeses and wine crackers and made a few cheese fondues served with a variety of breads. I also invited my girlfriends to stay after the presentation to "taste" some more (I had a variety of about 10 different wines- the favorite was Red Cat!). A few "slept over". I chose to have "favors" to hand out to my guests (just something I like to do - I LOVE themed parties!).
The delivery from Traveling Vineyards, of about 30 bottles of wine and numerous accessories, arrived within a week!

This was a very easy party to have with little preparation. Go visit their site and see if their is a consultant in your area - it's a fun time!

Hope this answers all of your questions, if not, just ask!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

1 comment:

  1. I went to one wine tasting party. we all were instructed to buy a wine from a certain area like south africa etc. the wine was put in a sweet little bags and the tasting began. The person who brought the winner recieved a prize. I like wine but cheap wine seems to be what I like. that night after the wine she served cosmo's my first time having those ymmmmmm
    cathy

    ReplyDelete