Thursday, April 14, 2011

I came home to a nice surprise....

My very talented friend Andrea, from Needle Notes sent me a package...a gift for no reason...a "just because" gift...the best kind! The card was hand made from a photo she took :
And this is what I found inside - what is it?
2 beautifully knitted scarves...just look at the detail:
And I have the perfect outfit to wear with the multi-colored scarf:
and another to match the black scarf:
They are so frilly and light weight. I love them...thanks Andrea, you are always so thoughtful! Go visit Needle Notes and look at some gorgeous quilts from a quilting show she recently visited.
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Pattie , your two scarfs are very pretty! You have a good eye for what to wear them with also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because gifts are the very best kind. Your new scarves are so pretty and unique.

    I'm going out of town next week. I wish I was going to be home so we could have lunch while you are here. Enjoy your time with Carter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pattie, you are truly blessed with such a nice & talented friend! I have opened the link to her site in a new tab & will run over there just as soon as I hit "post".

    How about having your school children do a comparison of the salt in various foods, like the sugar cube one??? I would LOVE to see that! DH is on a low salt diet due to kidney issues (diabetic) & I'm sure I'm missing out on some hidden salt in things.

    Thanks for popping by The Gazebo House...I always enjoy your visits.

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete