Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Christmas Crate and recipe

I am joining Thrifty Thursday to share this economical project I made today on our "snow day"...and yes, it is still snowing - 42" so far since Saturday:
I spray painted a clementine crate black:
I draped it with fabric and filled it with homemade herbal vinegar, peanut butter cups, chocolate peppermint bark, dried herbs from my garden, cranapple jelly, a snack dish and cannister and a scented candle.

A festive bow, greens and snowman is tucked in the corner:Here's the recipe for the jelly:
Freezer Cranapple Jelly
4 c cranapple drink
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pkg powdered fruit pectin
5 cups sugar
In a large pan combine drink, juice and pectin and bring to a full boil.
Stir in sugar and boil for one minute.
Remove from heat and pour into 7-one cup containers.
(Refrigerate for 3 weeks or freeze for 3 months)
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. What a nice gift to receive - your friends will love this.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome gift!! I love how you re-purposed the crate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice this is and how lucky some person is going to be.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely makeover and such a nice gift idea!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red and white! What a nice gift. Someone will be happy to be on your Christmas gift list this year. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cute, what a nice gift! Hope it stops snowing soon. Not sure what we would do it that happened down here in TX!

    ReplyDelete