Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy 1st Father's Day, Ray

My son in law has wanted me to feature him on my blog for quite some time now...Often our conversations go something like this:
Ray: Hey, I haven't been on your blog yet!
Exasperated mother-in-law: What do you want me to say?
Ray: How wonderful I am!
Irritated Mother-in-law: How wonderful are you?
Ray: Hey, I'm the best
Annoyed mother-in-law: So you want me to post about how wonderful you are?
Ray: Ah Ya, you got a problem with that?

So, here goes......This is Ray, my son-in law, practicing for Fatherhood a little over a year ago:
(Note the puppy in the carrier)
Here he is, clarifying the rules of my home since becoming a dad:
Ray and son on Christening day...
And this is the greatest gift he has given us - Carter, with Grandpa
Now...there are a few more things you need to know about Ray:
*He's a lawyer (please forward all lawyer jokes to me)
*He can't stand for long periods of time (like during labor) or his feet get tired
*He should never adjust the wheels of the lawnmower without a paramedic nearby
*His cholesterol level is sky high, bragging he has beaten Obama at something
*He named his son after "Jimmy"
*He has a lovely singing voice, especially singing Christmas carols
*When he calls on the phone, and is telling a story, I actually have time to put the phone down, go to the bathroom, flush, wash hands, and return to the phone without him knowing.
*He's a great DADDY!

Happy 1st Father's Day, Ray!

Love,
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day to your SIL! Next year I will be able to say that to my SIL! I commented on your last Grandson post about wanting one of them...I am so excited!!!By the way my real last name = CARTER!

    ReplyDelete