Friday, September 25, 2009

Pumpkins...It's time

I don't care if it is still September, I'm putting out the pumpkins!I made these pumpkins from old farm fence posts. They were cut and the tops were angled by the farmer. I simply painted them orange, gave them each their own unique personalities with black, red and white paint and added a stem (cut out of pine). A little raffia, some leaves and of course a "scary spider" to finish them off.
These are my favorite Halloween decorations! And I bought pumpkin placemats at Pier 1 Imports and tied them onto the back of my wicker chairs.

I just love the warm colors of autumn!
Happy decorating...I'm on my way up to the Adirondacks to "watch the leaves turn" :-)
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. OMG! these are adorbale..i woldkeep them out all year long..hehehe! lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. You did a great job giving those pumpkins personality!!
    First NYC and now the Adirondacks......lucky girl!!
    Enjoy,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkins look adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkins are adorable! Love the faces! You are very talented!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faces are from a pattern packet made by Post Pals!

      Delete
    2. do you have the link to post pals? can't find it on google. would love to buy these faces

      Delete
  5. Hi, I was wondering if you donated these somewhere? I have a set that I got thrifting. They are so cute

    ReplyDelete