Friday, July 13, 2012

Outdoor Rug with checked trim

While I am working at the MacKenzie-Childs Barn Sale this weekend, I will leave you with this quick outdoor rug.

I took an old beach mat and a roll of checked Duck Tape:

I cut the mat in half and simply taped off the cut end quickly before it unraveled. I then taped off the other 3 sides:

I placed the tape under the mat (about 1/3 of the width) and then folded it over to the front, laying it smoothly:

And now I have a mat for outdoors - and if it gets wet, who cares? Remember, it's a beach mat!

One of the mats is in front of the loveseat on the front porch and the other is in front of the wicker chairs at the other end of the porch:

Sharing with
Show And Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Passion Parade Friday @ Petite Passions
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. Clever girl! Have fun this weekend. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!

    Saw you at My Romantic Home. I would love for you to stop by and share this at link party I am having right now :)

    xo

    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, I love it! I'll be looking for you at the Barn Sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a combination of clever and easy. You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented Patti...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this duct tape somewhere, I think Walmart and didn't buy it but thought it was so MC! Great idea on the mats!

    ReplyDelete