Friday, September 4, 2026

Gazpacho Shooters - the perfect amuse bouche!





Gazpacho is easy to make, easpecially in the summer when all of the veggies and herbs are fresh

Gazpacho is a Spanish soup, served cold, because it was created in Andalusia which is a very hot region in Spain.  It is a refreshing soup to cool you down during intense summer heat.

There are a variety of ways to make this but this is a simple recipe, omitting olive oil.  I wanted to make 4 small "shooters" as an amuse bouche before dinner.


These are the veggies I had on hand:  2 tomatoes, 4 slices of an Eng cucumber, green pepper, red onion, a mini carrot and a 1/2 celery stalk.

I bended all the veggies in a mini food processor If it's too thick you can drizzle in a bit of olive oil. 

 

Then I added herbs, spices and seasonings for flavor:



I strained it through a sieve:


(all the "meaty" mixture was set aside to add to homemade tomato sauce)


This made the perfect amount for 4 "shooters:


Just enough to wet the palate before dinner!





Thanks for stopping by, Patti


Graphics by Susan Branch
MacKenzie-Childs affilate link 


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment