Friday, September 11, 2026

FAUX- CACCIA




 Focaccia is different from regular loaf bread because it uses a high amount of olive oil that pools in the dimples of this thick, fluffy and airy flatbread.  It is stays soft on inside and has a crispy bottom.  Using your fingers to poke deep holes cause the dimples in the bread, and shaping it in an oblong flat loaf gives it a unique shape

This is a quick and easy way to make a FAUX - Caccia bread:
Coat a shallow pan with 2T mayonnaise or extra virgin olive oil and spread 1/2 store bought pizza dough (room temp) on top. Coat with another 2T Mayo or olive oil.  Poke dimples throughout the dough with your fingers.  You can add veggies, herbs, pesto, cheese, seasonings or anything that comes to mind!  Bake at 425° for about 20 minutes


I topped mine with some chopped pimento, pesto, S&P, Paprika, grated cheddar cheese, chives, basil, red onion and tomato slice.







The MacKenzie-Childs Emerald Check Round Tray is perfect for serving this bread!

Thanks for stopping by, Patti


Mackenzie-Childs affiliate link
Graphic by Susan Branch


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment