Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Fall is for Footbal


Fall is certainly for football fans.....


This table is set for burgers and chips and a relaxing day by the lake to watch football.




We have a store nearby called Mystery Bins and I bought all of the paper goods (plates, cups and napkins for 20) for only $2.  I cut 4 rectangles of brown paper for placemats.  The center tray is an enamel MacKenzie-Childs Emerald Check Tray.  An old milk glass vase holds the flag as a simple centerpiece.


What's in the little canvas bags?


These were freebies at the NYS Fair last week!


Cute wooden flatware!



This was a last minute table setting and quite inexpensive, too!


Williams Park, in Cicero, NY, is the perfect place for a picnic and only a few miles away.  The view of Oneida Lake is lovely, there are small covered pavilions to reserve, grills, a gazebo, a splash pad, a beach and a playground.



Let's grill some hamburgers and have "football brownies" for dessert.  Bring your iPads so we can watch the game.



Are you ready to cheer on your team this season?



I hope your team wins!



This tray is perfect for serving hamburgers or appetizers for football games: MacKenzie-Childs Emerald Check Round Tray
Rita @ Panoply is always our "hostess with the mostess" - I hope she feels better soon!

Check out these other fall tablescapes:


Thanks for stopping by, Patti

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun table Patti! Lake Oneida is such a beautiful backdrop. Being close to the US border (on the Canadian Side) we often travelled to the Finger Lakes region for summer vacations. I know Lake Oneida isn't technically one of the finger lakes, but still very close! We stayed around Keuka Lake. The start of football season is synonymous with early autumn for sure! What a bargain for all of those paper goods. And, the Mackenzie Child's emerald plate couldn't be more perfect! I LOVE the little cutlery bags. Such a great idea. Thoroughly enjoyed your fun football themed table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, this is such a fun way to celebrate football season and what a beautiful view you have! Happy almost fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti! What a great casual get together right on the lake! I can imagine a pick up game of football being played just out of view from your table! I am a sucker for anytime spent lakeside! Disposables are the perfect thing for a picnic! No hauling all of the dishes along with the food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, such a fun table at the park to welcome fall football. Gotta love the ease of it all. Love the palette too, the cutlery bags are pretty awesome. Love your emerald green round tray. Such a cute caricature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, this is great! I'm personally not a football enthusiast, but love the spirit generated for the games. UT games here in town generate an abundance of pre-game tailgate parties. Paper good are the perfect solution, and I'm thrilled to see all the fun, attractive options. I recently picked up some great longhorn plates that I will use for a party I plan to host for my young cousin starting out as a UT freshman this year. Love the lakeside setting. Perfect for any picnic! Happy Fall. Hope your team wins!

    ReplyDelete