I am joining Ann, from Apple Street Cottage, for Do It Over Designers, where we transform something that needs a makeover! All of the participants are listed at the bottom of this post. Make sure you hop around for "cheap" recycling inspiration!
Our task this month was to recycle something that cost
"FREE to $5".
I chose "FREE".
This is something that we always throw away:
SPICE CONTAINERS!
They can be used as vases for mini blooms....
.....that are too little for typical vases:
....or can hold markers or pens....
....portion out snacks....
...or wrap a mini gift, like earrings or a gift card....
This is a really old spice jar - check out the price!
29¢
You can even use cans as vases:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








Wow Patti, you have quite the collection of spice jars. I love all of your blooms, they look quite at home displayed everywhere. The gift basket idea is perfect. The 29¢ spice jar though is my favorite. I only wish they were that price again.
ReplyDeleteAll great ideas, Patti. I especially love all the garden flowers displayed in recycled containers!
ReplyDeleteWho would have thought to use spice jars as vases? You did, Patti! And what a great idea is this! They all look too cute and adorable! And a unique conversation starter!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas, Patti! I never thought to use a metal spice tin for snacks, but I’m definitely doing that now. It’s the perfect size to toss in a purse for those inevitable snack emergencies!
ReplyDeleteI have a box full of glass spice jars that I keep thinking that I will buy large bags more cheaply and decant them but never seem to actually do that! I love the idea to use them as a mini vase. I also have a few of those yellow Coleman's mustard powder tins because they are just too cute to throw away. You've inspired me to actually use them for something.
ReplyDeleteCute ideas! You could put a magnet on the one with pens and hang it on the fridge next to a magnetic notepad for writing grocery lists!
ReplyDelete