Saturday, June 12, 2021

Bruschetta

                              Bruschetta

pronounced: broo skeh tuh
Bruschetta is an antipasto from Italy consisting of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil and salt. Variations may include toppings of tomato, vegetables, beans, cured meat, or cheese.  I like to eat this as an afternoon snack, or serve it with pasta.


There is nothing like picking up some fresh, juicy tomatoes at the Farmer's Market.  
This is how I make Bruschetta:
clove garlic, minced 
large tomatoes, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
2T fresh basil and oregano
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar 
1 tsp. kosher salt and black pepper
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
I marinate the above mixture for a few hours.
I slice a baguette about 1/4" thick, rub a little EVOO on the top of each slice and sprinkle a little garlic powder over each.  I then put these under the broiler to toast the bread.  When cool, I top each slice of baguette with the tomato mixture and serve immediately.  Sometimes i place a slice of Pepper Jack cheese on top and put it under the broiler long enough to melt the cheese!  Garnish with a sprig of fresh oregano, basil or parsley.


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. I could easily make a meal of bruschetta and other finger foods - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite appetizers and like Rita, I could be perfectly happy having only this for a meal! Pretty presentation..........

    ReplyDelete