Saturday, April 10, 2021

Ladybugs - 10 on the 10th


This month's theme for "10 on the 10th" is Ladybugs, so I decided to paint a few greeting cards.  
If you have been to a Hallmark store lately, you must have noticed the price of cards!  They are very expensive, so I try to make my own.  I used to use rubber stamps, but lately I have painted some.



A package of 12 blank cards and envelopes costs roughly $5-$6, so you can save some money by making your own!


I lightly sketched a ladybug on the front of a card:



I like using a water brush - it holds water and has a brush tip:





Each one is a bit different, so experiment and have fun with it!



Don't forget to decorate the envelopes, too:



Lady bugs come in a variety of colors, too:




Stop by to see how these bloggers spent under $10 using the ladybug theme:





Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

13 comments:

  1. Patti your cards are so adorable. I never used a water brush. I am going to have to purchase one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patti, I love these cards! I've been learning brush lettering over the pandemic and in one of the classes they taught how to make our own greeting cards. I've made them now for Valentines and Easter and as you probably know it's so fun and relaxing. Your ladybug cards are just the sweetest and are very pretty. Anyone would be happy to get one in the mail. Great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Patti! I love waterbrushes, so handy! My daughter has ladybugs that are somehow getting in her house and they can't figure out how or why, I keep telling her they're good luck, but they are driving her crazy 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I might have to borrow this idea for our card ministry at church. I love ladybugs....our shut-ins would probably love to receive ladybug cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, I love how you've created your own notecards!! I have been experiencing sticker shock when buying cards for my family, mostly my new grandson who just turned 1 yr. old this past week. It pays to craft our own! I really love the ladybugs you've shared and I'm glad you shared the different types (I saved those photos, too, to my Gardening board).

    Joining the party late (yesterday), and always happy to see you all,
    Spring hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so cute. They would be a special touch receiving this in the mail.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ladybugs are beautiful, Patti. I have a water brush and used to use it a lot. Thanks for reminding me to dig it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute idea! Your lady bugs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable! I have a couple of friends that make beautiful cards ~ I need to practice and do the same. IMHO, they’re so much nicer and more personal than a purchased card.

    I have no idea what a water brush is.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sincerely apologize for the duplicate posts...Google gave me problems! 😡
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your painted cards are so cute and I love the idea of adding a ladybug to your envelope as well! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your ladybugs Patti, so pretty. What a great job you are doing on all your cards. I think hand painted cards are so thoughtful and personal, makes them even more special........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are adorable. Wish I could draw!!!
    Good facts about lady bugs,too!

    ReplyDelete