Thursday, March 18, 2021

This gives the phrase "Feeling Blue" a new meaning....

Until recently I had no BLUE in my home.  Not because I didn't like it, I just didn't have any!

Blue is a primary color and the color of the ocean and the sky; it often symbolizes serenity, stability, inspiration, wisdom or health. It can be a calming color, and symbolizes reliability.

As I was setting this table, I thought of Cape Cod, one of my favorite places:


I recently bought these placemats.....


...online from Amy Montgomery Home:


They are the perfect companions to MacKenzie-Childs Royal Check:


The large wine glasses are from Dollar Tree and the blue checked flutes are from MacKenzie-Childs:


A few Chinoiserie pieces act as a centerpiece:



A simple setting for dinner!





The reverse side of these placemats will be perfect with red dishes - Maybe for the 4th July?


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty placesettings Patti. I love blue and white. Those reversible placemats are wonderful💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue has always been a predominate color in our home. Anything but sad! Your table is lovely and cheerful! Love the placemats and all the Royal Check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the pretty, quilted placemats with the M-C Royal Check! Pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful! Those placemats are really nice. I've only recently added blue to my mix too. I need more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Royal Check but determined not to begin a new color collection. I am enjoying this beautiful table setting. Gorgeous placemats and flutes. Love how you mix high and low end pieces. Like the back of mats for a future Fourth celebrations. Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Patti!! You've inspired me to get out some blue! I love the Royal Check, so pretty with the things you've combined!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 🔵 table. Everything looks gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete