Saturday, September 21, 2019

Remember my lack of a green thumb?....

I think I found a way I like to garden...no bug, no snakes, no worms, no frogs, etc.

I bought a Keter planter this past spring and I planted a Roma tomato plant, a pepper plant, basil, cilantro, parsley mint and lemon thyme.  I have never had a problem growing herbs, but anything else seems to die....


...well to be fair, I am not the best caretaker of plants because I often forget about them and they die very quickly!   But this worked well for me this year...


My tomato plant grew and grew and produced so many tomatoes and in my excitement, I forgot to take more photos!

But my little "salsa garden" was a great success for me and there are only a few more tomatoes waiting to ripen.

Next year I might just plant tomatoes and peppers and put the herbs in another pot.  

I canned a few jars of tomato sauce....



....ate a lot of tomato and cucumber salads....


.....and enjoyed lots of salsa!


I wish I could say I enjoy gardening as much as I enjoy the harvest, but that would be a lie!!  

But it is "growing" on me!!






Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! Your little salsa garden is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for growing your little garden. The salsa looks wonderful. I haven’t planted in our veggie garden for two years. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete