Saturday, September 14, 2019

Girl's Trip to NYC....


"The Big Apple"...."The city that doesn't sleep"..."These streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you"..."the City of Dreams"....New York is always a good idea"....




I just returned from a fabulous "Girl's Trip" to NYC.  We flew into JFK at sunrise....


...and after checking into the hotel....


...we were treated to champagne and caviar at the Plaza.


The five of us enjoyed lots of champagne and cocktails ....


...and excellent dining.


We had a "deli lunch party" at MacKenzie-Childs in Soho, chatted with Greg and Kevin, and I purchased a sweet treasure from behind me in the photo below!  As always, our visit was lots of fun!


We enjoyed art galleries:



We saw "Beautiful" and "Moulin Rouge" and it is tough to say which was my favorite !
 I LOVE musicals!!


The Pedi-cab ride from 42nd St to 60th ST was terrifying and hilarious at the same time....especially when the police came up behind us with a "woop, woop".....I haven't laughed that loud in a long time!!

We went to Hudson Yards and the Vessel....


....Ground Zero, St Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Tiffany, Canal St and we shopped a few boutiques in SoHo....


...and the last day we cruised the Hudson on a lunch cruise...
 


 It certainly is the "city that doesn't sleep"!






I’m at the corner of 1st and 1st… How can the same street intersect with itself? It must be at the nexus of the universe.Cosmo Kramer, Seinfield
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic trip, Patti! You toured it like tourists would, but you know the city like a true New Yorker would, and took in some of the best the city has to offer....and around an unforgettable time in the city's (and our nation's) history! You would be my pick for a tour guide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time in NYC. Thanks for sharing the sights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this post makes me so homesick for New York City.My friend whom I stay with on Long Island is down due to back surgery and I haven't been in city for 3 years now . You girls had a ball I know from your pictures. I loved Canal street shopping.
    Only time I ever had caviar was at The Rainbow Room on 69th floor I think it is>

    I LOVE NEW YORK thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Patti, you do know how to have fun, it all sounds fabulous!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fun never ends in NYC!! Glad you ladies had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a great time visiting NYC! You did so much with all of your friends and I know you had a really fun time. I enjoyed looking at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip looks and sound wonderful. How special to get away with girlfriends. The food, ambience, the whole nine yards is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your getaway with girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many many thanks for your nice post. this is really very helpful
    Party Boat NYC
    Manhattan Boat Charters

    ReplyDelete