Friday, February 15, 2019

"The best laid plans....."

There are only two of us living here, so when I want to bake I try to divide the mix in 2, making cupcakes and a cake.  That way I can freeze the cake for a later date - if I don't, I know we will eat it all quickly and we are trying to cut back on sweets.


I made 12 cupcakes and decided to bake the rest in a MacKenzie-Childs storage container:

(stock photo)

 It was a perfect size and easy to store in the freezer....


...where it didn't stay long!!



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. I love those storage containers! Sweets never last long around our house. We too are trying to cut back on them, but when they are there, they just call your name! Love and hugs! Hope you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahaaaa. Been there. Done that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I do the same thing! I made cupcakes and a small cake, frosted about 6 cupcakes then put the unfrosted ones and the cake right into the freezer. It will come in handy when we need a sweet treat in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- I make the full batch of cupcakes and drop them off at my daughters and we keep about 4 of them...otherwise, I would eat them all.
    I hope you have a great weekend, Patti! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks pretty and I'm sure delicious. The freezer helps to keep things on track! We know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You tried! Man...that looks delicious!!!!!!!!!! Have a happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having a cake in the freezer is always a temptation! How clever to bake it in the MKC storage container!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete