Friday, January 25, 2019

Two days of storm Harper.....


Storm Harper kept us in NY, unable to go to Ohio for our grandson's first birthday.  We had plenty of warning and I knew we would be spending the weekend at home - I love to be snowed in if there is nowhere to go! 

So, what did I do?

I read this book and planned our next vacation....


 I made a little pico de gallo....


...and tossed it onto a Naan bread with some cheese....


...I baked The Sketchy Reader's pound cake....


...with almond extract....


...I made a few little quiches with leftovers I had in the fridge...


...adding my "secret" ingredient....


...and I tried to be creative...


....for the fun of it....


...and baked it in an enamel bowl....


...but it looked so much prettier served on a pretty dish...


...I washed a bunch of scarves by hand and organized them...


 ...and I painted a table:



I could use one more storm to get a few more things done around here!!  

And then I will be ready for SPRING!



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! You really got a lot done during your snow days! Good for you. It really feels good, doesn't it? AND you did a grand job on things!
    It is MINUS 35° here today NOT counting wind chill. UGH!!! I hate this kind of weather. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the best weekend ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you tried Big Mama's Pound Cake! I think your pie is the cutest thing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pound cake and quiche are award winning! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Patti, I love all your project results! Mine aren't so pretty...or tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you got a lot done, but sorry you had to cancel your trip! Love the quiche with the hearts and of course your painted table!! We have snow in our forecast on Tuesday, I hope I can be as productive!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing is for ure Patti. You did not get bored now did you? LOL! I wish I had a slice of that cake right about now! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that table! It is too adorable! The hubster loves pound cake and I've never actually made one, I just always buy them, but, I may grab that recipe and give it a try! Hope you are staying warm! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You might be able to get more done today and tomorrow. We are expecting around 10" of snow but that could change. My teacher friends are hoping for a snow day :-) Your pound cake looks lovely on that pedestal! Sorry you had to cancel your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm exhausted just reading about your weekend�� More snow to come❄ Your cake stand is stunning. I'm so jealous of your vintage MC��

    ReplyDelete