Monday, October 29, 2018

Chicken Salad -- a variety of ways to eat and serve...

I love chicken salad and I often prepare it a variety of ways!  
Whenever we bake or grill chicken, I usually make some extra for chicken salad.

Chicken, red onion, apples and mayo is delish on a crescent roll....


...chicken, walnuts, pineapple and mayo is perfect in a grilled wrap....


...chicken, celery, scallions and mayo makes a quick lunch...


...and always tastes better in a cute bowl or dish...


....served in a mound, using an ice cream scoop, on a bed of lettuce...


...or served in a vintage milk glass bowl...


...with chicken, grapes, celery, walnuts and mayo with Florida seasoned pepper...



...or sprinkled with a tomato-cheese seasoning...


...or loaded with lemon pepper...


....and I love chunks of chicken mixed in with chopped salad and chipotle dressing....


...and chicken salad is so easy to make to serve as an appetizer at a party...
...just use disposable cups and forks for a quick clean-up!


What is your "go-to" recipe for leftover chicken?


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. Chicken salad is one of my favorite things to eat! My husband will not eat it so I make it when he's working out of town. I like to use rotisserie chickens because it just seems like the flavor is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rockin that chicken salad. I never make it because Joe won't eat it, but I think I should. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I never met a Chicken Salad I didn't like. I'll have to try some of your suggestions. I always put Lemon Pepper in mine and whipped cream cheese. It's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your varieties for the chicken salad, not to mention the place settings! I have a tried and true SL recipe for chicken salad I like....has lemon juice in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the Olla Podrida blog, I saw where she added orange marmalade to her chicken salad - SO GOOD. I also like to cook the chicken in the crock pot just for making chicken salad - adding in some lemon pepper or garlic salt. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post Patti! I love all your different stylings with your pretties! My favorite way to eat chicken salad is on a croissant, but your wrap with chicken pineapple walnut wrap sounds divine!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, I love chicken salad, and you've offered some attractive ways to serve this dish. I also like to serve it in an avocado boat because I love avocado. The chef prefers it served in a tomato! I use left over chicken in soups. For a really light dinner, I'll just put some chunks in chicken brooth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's interesting because my great-grandmother always served leftover chicken cold, and she did make chicken salad sometimes. She believed that reheating chicken was dangerous and could cause food poisoning. She's not the only one who believes this (you can Google it) and I don't like to keep leftover chicken. LOVE the creativity in your post. I like to make chicken salad with fuji apples, grapes, and honeyed pecans or ranch, bacon, and cheddar cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, Patti....the above comment is from me! ;P

    ReplyDelete