Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Pickle Time...3 of my favorite recipes....


Early Autumn always brings back the memories of my grandmother making pickles.  My grandfather  dug out a root cellar in his back yard in Maine and that is where they stored all of their home canned goods. It's a sweet memory for me and there is something about steaming vinegar that can clear out your sinuses in no time!!  


 I only preserve a few jars of pickles each year.  Here are some of my favorite recipes:


 These are great in a tossed salad or on a charcuterie tray:


This is a quick recipe that my Nutrition students made every year:


November 14th is National Pickle Day, so make some now and enjoy them later!

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. Looks like great recipes, Patti! The Mr. loves pickles. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never pickled anything in my life. You have mad skills, my friend! We love spicy dills!

    ReplyDelete

  3. YUM! I love pickles. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made pickles, I bet homemade are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homemade dill pickles are the best!!!! I should try your recipes, sound delicious.........

    ReplyDelete