Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Day of Antiquing….

Mom and I went antiquing last week, north of Oneida Lake and then over to Lake Ontario. 

We had a late breakfast at Emma's, a little old farm house that was turned into a diner.  Last year we stopped here for lunch and loved the food - home baked goods and "down home" food!


Emma's is across the street from Oneida Lake - there is still ice out on the lake!!:

The Country Store in Bernhards Bay has 3 levels of treasures.  I am always thrilled to see tins and packages that bring back childhood memories:


And this made me laugh out loud….on the top floor is the tiniest of windows - at first I though it was a mirror, until i got closer:


We then drove the country roads over to Fulton to find Ozzie's/Ruby's.  The place goes by both names, but I think it is currently Ruby's!  This old house has 2 stories of treasures…. 


...and 3 more buildings out back:


This old cedar chest caught my eye because I have my Mother's in my dining room and always wondered what it would look like painted - I think I LOVE it!!


We saw birdhouses galore...


…and shelves of glassware and dishes...


…and more tins:


We then drove along Lake Ontario and there were frozen chunks of ice still washing up on the shoreline:


It was a chilly day and the Lake was rough...


…but soon the leaves will be on the trees and it will be so pretty along the shore!


We ended up in Baldwinsville at Curator of Cool.  A huge empty space file with mid century home goods and furniture:


Beyond the Attic Door is in the village of Baldwinsville and I loved this display.  It was a stack of an old tray, a candlestick, a bobeche, an old dish, a wine bottle and a lampshade….all glued together to create a  display for jewelry:


Antiquing and thrifting is always a fun adventure - It's like a walk down memory lane for me, bringing back memories from my grandparents's houses from my childhood!

Our busy day ended at Olive Garden for dinner.  Mom and I were tuckered out and each came home with a few treasures.  Our next trip will be in a few weeks when we will venture out to the Finger Lakes area to go antiquing again - and of course make stops at MacKenzie-Childs and the Aurora Inn!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time spent with your Mom! I love being out and about looking for treasures, the best! Oh, I'd love to make a stop and stay for a long time at Mackenzie Childs!
    Great post, Patti~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who lives in Ontario. How nice that you and your mom enjoyed a fun day together.
    Envy your trip to the Finger Lakes and McC-K. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day with your mom! My mom and I used to do the same, and loved every minute of it. Spring has sprung, and it's great to get outdoors to enjoy the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mama and I used to do this so often....and I can't tell you how much I miss her. bwaaaa

    ReplyDelete