Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Toulon, France and Barcelona, Spain

Our last day on the cruise was spent in Toulon, France


Toulon is an old Naval Port and the harbor was active and festive for a cool autumn day.


My main goal was to savor and devour an eclair, my favorite pastry of all!!
I confess, I  had more than one :-)


The market was bursting with color ….


...as well as the buildings...


…. we stopped and had lunch by the water….


…and I could not leave the Mediterranean without "taking a dip";


Our last morning the cruise ship pulled into Barcelona and we taxied to our hotel room on the busy and exciting street of La Rambla:


After spending a week in our cruise suite, we welcomed a large contemporary room at the Citadines:


The view of the city was amazing:


We were across the way from the opera house and enjoyed a street show:


We walked to see two of Gaudi's intriguing architecture:



 La Bouqueria is a market like no other…tomorrow I will post photos of local foods...



…the colors were so bright and fresh!


Christopher Columbus, in the harbor, points to the new world:


We enjoyed glasses (or were they bowls?) of beer and sangria in an outdoor cafe in the center of La Ramblas:


After dinner the city was still bustling with shoppers and vendors.  We were happy to see that the Christmas lights were all lit:


This tree has a live ribbon, scrolling with good wishes:


And this was my favorite - a twinkling building:


Stop by tomorrow to see the "foods from our trip"

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing your pictures. Thanks for sharing. It looks like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you are a terrific tour guide. I've been to Spain but never to Barcelona. It is high on our list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one lucky lady! Looks like you're having a blast!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete