Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Simply Black and White...


Yesterday an old friend called and said she was going to stop over for a visit, so I invited her for lunch.  I had little time to prepare so this was a quickie:


This was a simple setting for 2 for Spinach Salad and Croissants:  


I didn't even prepare the food - I ordered from the local sandwich shop!


At the last minute, I placed the croissants under the glass dome and tossed the prepared salad in my large bowl.


It couldn't get any easier that that!  No color…just black and white!



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. Patti, I couldn't agree more about it being so easy with the black and white. Back in April, a friend suggested that I display most of my MacKenzie-Childs black and white pieces in the dining room (I was keeping them in my basement storage). Everything is now at my fingertips, and makes entertaining so easy. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white works well for so many occasions, doesn't it? I love the polka-dot plates the best, and the mixture with the plaid is gorgeous. The serving pieces are stunning - all those domes, too!
    Blessings~
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with black and white...or a big salad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with the black and white, I bet with the salad in the bowl and the sandwiches on the platter it all looked so divine, l love the table and the simple setting soooo perfect for a lunch for two

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a good friend and you set the prettiest tables. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black and white is always a great choice. So is ordering in! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the mix of black & white checks, polka dots and stripes! When you go black & white, it's so easy to create something sleek and chic and fun. You did really well!

    I'm all for ordering food in a pinch...or whenever! As long as it's tasty, who cares who made it???? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti,
    Timeless classic color combination!!!
    Beautiful dinnerware!!!
    Black + white + green = my all~time favorite tablescape color combination!!!!!!
    The spinach salad was the perfect menu choice, dear one!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete