Saturday, September 28, 2013

NYC Getaway

I just returned from a "girlfriend's getaway" in NYC!

This time we spent a lot of time in the Chelsea district - which was a new area for me to explore. 

 A few weeks ago Andy Cohen had the owner of the Meatball Shop on his show, so we decided to have dinner there:


The meatball sliders were delish!  You can choose the type of meat and the flavor sauce for each slider!


I also had a salad with a lime cilantro dressing that was so tasty!


 We went to two rooftop clubs - Le Bain at The Standard:


The view from the open areas was just beautiful.  This is looking downtown, the Hudson is on the right, the new "tower" is the tall, lit building:


This is the bar....you can see the Empire State Building in the distance!


This is the view from the Plunge Lounge at the top of the Gansevoort:


and the other way:


Just check out these prices:


You only live once!!


I love looking at all the window displays - the round wreath of books caught my eye:


A quick stop at Tiffany's to buy a wedding present - I adore the yellow diamond:


A peek into the Park Plaza:


A quick stop at M-C:


A walk on the High Line:


It was fun getaway!



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, you need to come out to the Island next time you are in town. I'm a 45 minute train ride from Penn. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, glad you girls had a fun time. I'd love of a NYC girls trip. '-)
    Thanks for sharing the photos. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to school in NYC. It is something, isn't it? I am glad you had fun and what a "wreath" those books make. Clever- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete