Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Bathroom Window Solution

This is my master bathroom window. We have a corner lot and as you can see, anyone on the road can certainly see in through the window:
So I put up an ugly shade....and it is plain and ugly....it does nothing for the window... but the sun shines brightly through the window and the neighbors don't need to see me jumping out of the shower each morning (trust me, they don't!):
So I bought some sheer fabric and cut 5 long panels:
I stitched them together and sewed shirring tape over each seam:
I stitched a rod pocket on the top and hemmed the bottom. I pulled all the strings of the shirring tape, to gather each panel:
And what a difference this quick and easy balloon treatment made in this bathroom:
I can keep the shade up during the day and no one can peek in. And now I will be able to open the window in the nice weather as well as pull the ugly shade down in the evening!
I am joining Make it for Monday at Cottage Instincts and Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
and this is my first time joining Tutorial Tuesday at Hope Studios
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

23 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! You made it look so simple too but don't know...I have a tendency to sew crooked! That is why I only sew for the grands...it's free for my daughter's! Ha! Be blessed .cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful~!! I just love that window treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome! You did a fabulous job!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti!

    Lovely--you sure can sew! So pretty!

    love, kelee at www.katillacshack.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love it. Its fancy and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I could incorporate this idea in several spots. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooooo pretty! What a great job you did! ..and a wonderful tutorial, too. I hopped over from Cottage Instincts. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and hope you'll do the same. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a nice job! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty shade. I like the elegance of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great solution! You really have a pretty view from your home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really smart, Patti! You took a problem situation and came up with a solution that's both practical AND pretty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty solution to an ugly problem :) This would be a great addition to my Tutorial Tuesday party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH I love that! I have a very similar bathroom and I'm in need of something on the window. Love that. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG You clever girl!! Just beautiful and so romantic. Way to go!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. that looks great! it is the perfect fix for the situation. :) thanks for entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those! I had no idea that shirring tape existed! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty, Patti! What a nice soft touch for over your tub area as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patti,
    What a great project. You do make it look too easy! The balloon shade looks wonderful in your bathroom
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a smart and pretty idea! Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh this looks easy enough.. and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well aren't you smart? What a great idea and thank you for showing us how to do it.

    ReplyDelete