Monday, July 17, 2017

A day in Sharon Springs with the Beekman Boys....

This past Sunday, Mom and I went to Sharon Springs, NY to tour the Beekman Farm....


....the mansion was built in 1802...


...and the land is maintained and nurtured by these three men...


Josh......................................................Farmer John............................................Brent


 Farmer John fosters the goats....



...who took a liking to Mom...


...especially this one who kept nibbling on her!


Brent nurtures the flourishing flower gardens and Josh cultivates the vegetable garden that nourishes them throughout the year!


We were invited to taste the berries and cherries - and I caught Mom nibbling on a scallion!


The Beekman Mansion is a lovely home, sporting two USA flags, one that represents the year 1802 with only 15 stars, and our current flag....



....the back of the home has a lovely porch overlooking the flower gardens, fruit trees...



...and rolling hills (where they married)...


...a calming pond...


 ...with 2 chairs (However Brent says it's HIS "quiet" spot)...


....as we were saying goodbye... 


...we stopped in town at the Beekman 1802 Mercantile...


...and made a few purchases ~ sweet Alanna was working and she was just a delight to meet...


...and we also had a few laughs upstairs...


...and tasted delicious Goat Cheese Ice Cream, infused with alcohol ~ YUM!...


...from the Little Pink Elephants (Facebook) (Website) ~ visit them to see the delectable varieties and flavors they have created...


...by then we were famished...


...so we walked across the street to the American Hotel...


...which was built in 1847...


...and enjoyed Sunday brunch...


...and we had time to shop some more...


 ...and then we went exploring in Canajoharie to Wintergreen Park:


It was a fulfilled day with Mom and another little adventure crossed off my list!!

To read about my first trip to Sharon Springs, go HERE





I am sure that Brent was saying "and check out Patti from Pandora's Box"







SaveSave
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. So jealous! Amazing photos. Hope you had fun. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip, Patti! It looks like the weather was picture perfect! Pink Elephant ice cream - what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I hope to visit the farm sometime. I love the setting, and I know the Beekman guys would be fun to meet. Thanks for taking us along, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a sweet town and a nice trip....about 2 1/2 hours from me. I love day trips like this. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun adventure with your mom! My first visit to the farm was in 2011, and they have made a lot of progress. I always enjoy visiting Sharon Springs to see the unique architecture dating back to the time when the village was an internationally famous health spa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely farm and wonderful place to take your mom, she looks like she enjoyed everything. If I ever get to the area I will certainly visit. Thanks for the tour.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom looks like such a sweetheart, you are so lucky to have her accompany you on your adventures! Looks like an incredible farm~ I certainly hope you bought that pink hat!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, looks like a wonderful time you both shared. Such a beautiful place. I just want to hug your adorable mama! Girl, you rocking that hat! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for sharing such a beautiful article.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete