Wednesday, January 9, 2013

How to make an infinity scarf - quickly!



I have this green winter coat that I rarely wear, but I love the color.  


I have a scarf that matches it perfectly:


However. after wearing the scarf for a few minutes, this is what happens:



 There have been times that I have been shopping and one side is touching my knee and the other end is slipping of my neck!  It is so "slippery"!!

I decided to change this scarf into an infinity scarf.

I dove into my button stash....



and found 3 green buttons:


I folded the scarf in half and sewed together the open end.


I joined the sewed end and the folded end and sewed on the buttons, which formed the infinity ring.

No more slipping!


This was quick and easy and probably took 5 minutes to complete!

Sharing this with:
Make It, Wear It Thursday@ The Train To Crazy 
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits @ Stone Gable
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal  

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. Oh, so so smart! I have wanted a an infinity scarf so badly and have the same problem with a few of my scarves! I think I could even do this! Pinning it! Love it!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! This really solves the problem of movement - and I can just imagine converting all my scarves this way! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea and it has some style too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti, This is such a wonderful idea! I am a new follower. xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. That clever, creative mind at work again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all of my scarves have fringe ;o( I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an easy fix and makes a scarf seem so much more modern. Also, I have some from my and my daughter's early knitting days that really were too short (I guess we just would give up at some point!). This technique will definitely make them more wearable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Well, aren't you so smart...this is adorable.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete