Sunday, October 23, 2011

Home made vanilla...

You should know by now that I am making gift baskets for the neighbors. Along with dried herbs from my garden, an assortment of spice rubs for grilling, candy and cookies, I decided to make vanilla.
I began with vanilla beans:
and vodka:
I cut the vanilla beans in half, sliced them down the middle, to open them and placed them into jars with vodka:
I copied this label from WhipperBerry and printed on fabric and glued it onto a paper bag:
They have to set for a month or two, shaken now and then - simple as that!

4 comments:

  1. Really, I had no idea. I need to give this a try. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to try this also. What are the proportions? How much vodka? What size bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you get those vanilla beans?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...