Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Christmas Crate

You may remember this from last year, but it is my favorite decoration that I made years ago:
It is an old fruit crate that I painted and I have used it to hold holidays snacks and treats:
It sits on my kitchen counter, filled with candy this year...

And beside it is my favorite holiday book "A Cup of Christmas Tea", a melancholy tale about a young man visiting his elderly aunt - a "must read" for the holiday, but I warn you, it will bring a few tears to your eyes - it does that to me every time I read it!!
Joining Met Monday today
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty vignette!
    Have a great week.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas vignette is so pretty. I love the crate with the Christmas Candy in jars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, looks beautiful, what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aahhh. love it all. That tree is so stinkn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your candy filled crate is adorable, Patti. Merry Christmas! La

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm on the hunt for a crate I can do the same thing for next year ....I love your idea....
    Mel's Cabin

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is ADORABLE! I especially love the black-and-white tree!!! Thanks for showing us.
    Marcy
    www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com
    mantle@piedmontcenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I wonder if I could make one myself?!?!?
    I would be honored to have you add it to my blog party
    Amaze Me Monday Blog Party

    ReplyDelete