Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mackenzie-Childs knockoff Christmas Tree

Last Christmas, after a holiday visit to Mackenzie-Childs in Aurora, NY, I decided I wanted a courtly check Christmas Tree for my kitchen. I have had this tree for about 20 years and I love that there is a bird house in the middle of it. I have always had apples and cardinals on it, but not this year!
I have painted quite a few glass ornaments white and black checks, stripes, diamonds and polka dots and I began to assemble it over the weekend:
There are a few M-C ornaments on there, but most are my designs painted with paint pens and Sharpie markers:
I can't wait to light it up!
Anyone else anxious to decorate for the holidays?
Joining Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

20 comments:

  1. This is brilliant!!! My mom loves these dishes and I bet she would love this. You just gave me a great idea for a gift. Thanks for showing this. Love it! The checks are addictive.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti,
    The tree looks great! I bet it looks gorgeous in your kitchen. You must have one steady hand because the ornaments are perfect!
    Have a great week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Every black and white check bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is cute! Yes I'm ready, I have a new tree this year and can't wait to see how it looks decorated:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is gorgeous!

    I'm still trying to get the house clean and in order before I decorate. Hopefully, I'll have most of that done by the end of next week.

    Have a great week, Patti! La

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is very unique~~~ You did a great job with the painting of the ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this Christmas tree. I love the black and white ornaments and how they add that special zing. Can't wait to see more of your decor as we get further into November.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ths is very cute, Patti. I like the shape of the X'mas tree too, like a topiary....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular tree!!! Love, Love, LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i love it! Awesome.. Light it up , light it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! My girlfriend is a MC fanatic and would love this!! Maybe I'll paint her up some ornaments for a hostess gift, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE M-C! Your ornaments turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks great! Love the ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great tree! The xmas spirit is definitely kicking in!

    E+J

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really, really cute and perfect in your kitchen.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really great job. Linked over from between naps on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just discovered Mackenzie-Childs on someone's blog tonight and I love, love, love this look. Your tree is beautiful and I love the little birdhouse too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patti, just found your blog. I'm a long time loyal CC fan, so this post thrills me. I do a MacKenzie-Childs tree at our house.
    Nice to meet you. I'm now following. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm reading your old posts and loving your work. just had to voice my appreciation.

    ReplyDelete