Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quick Monogrammed Ornaments

I got the inspiration for these ornaments from Embellished Bayou. I needed a few little gifts for some coworkers so I bought some clear ornaments, pulled out some green paint, paint markers and ribbon:
I gave the ornaments two coats of green paint and then painted polka dots all over. I used a paint marker to outline the dots - I hung them from pencils to dry:

I then used a black marker to write an initial on each, and added a few more dots and a bow to finish it off:
I packaged them in little gift boxes with shredded krinkled paper.

I went to Goodwill and bought some gold ornaments and dolled them up, too. This was actually much quicker as they already had a base coat of color. I sat in front of the TV and whipped up 6 in no time at all - a very relaxing craft for me to do because I love to doodle!!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. How cute! What a lovely thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to bookmark this for next year! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments turned out so cute, Patti! I love the pink and green, they could be displayed all year. Thanks for linking to my blog.

    Oh, and about the lacey cookies...yes, my recipe says to bake for 10-20 minutes, you just have to keep an eye on them. They should be a golden brown & not runny but crispy. Once you make your first batch you should know how long to cook them.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti,
    Your ornaments turned out really cute. I love the colors you used. Your coworkers are going to love these.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so, so cute! I just found some gold ornaments at Goodwill too...and didn't quite know what to do with them...I am going to "doodle" like you did. You have talent!!

    ReplyDelete