Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quick Monogrammed Ornaments

I got the inspiration for these ornaments from Embellished Bayou. I needed a few little gifts for some coworkers so I bought some clear ornaments, pulled out some green paint, paint markers and ribbon:
I gave the ornaments two coats of green paint and then painted polka dots all over. I used a paint marker to outline the dots - I hung them from pencils to dry:

I then used a black marker to write an initial on each, and added a few more dots and a bow to finish it off:
I packaged them in little gift boxes with shredded krinkled paper.

I went to Goodwill and bought some gold ornaments and dolled them up, too. This was actually much quicker as they already had a base coat of color. I sat in front of the TV and whipped up 6 in no time at all - a very relaxing craft for me to do because I love to doodle!!

6 comments:

  1. How cute! What a lovely thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to bookmark this for next year! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments turned out so cute, Patti! I love the pink and green, they could be displayed all year. Thanks for linking to my blog.

    Oh, and about the lacey cookies...yes, my recipe says to bake for 10-20 minutes, you just have to keep an eye on them. They should be a golden brown & not runny but crispy. Once you make your first batch you should know how long to cook them.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti,
    Your ornaments turned out really cute. I love the colors you used. Your coworkers are going to love these.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! And such a cute gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so, so cute! I just found some gold ornaments at Goodwill too...and didn't quite know what to do with them...I am going to "doodle" like you did. You have talent!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...