Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Carolers

I love CAROLLERS! These are one of my many favorite Christmas decorations. These carolers are from Possible Dreams and they are always the first decorations I put out - I don't know why, they just are!
Yesterday we went to Skaneateles, the gateway to the Finger Lakes area. The Dicken's characters sing and entertain as they stroll through the town in and around the shops and restaurants. Here they are in the town gazebo:
And sitting in front of one of the gift shops in town:
And how could I resist sitting with this jolly ol' guy and sharing my Christmas List?
And afterwards we had dinner at the Sherwood Inn, an inn that was built in 1800 and our table had a wonderful view of Skaneateles Lake and the decorated tree at the end of the long pier.
Earlier in the day we went to Mirbeau Spa and I met Victoria and Richard MacKenzie-Childs. They were there promoting their new line of products. My husband was busy "chatting it up" with Richard and I took advantage of another photo "op":
This is one talented lady - if I only had 20% of her creative mind, I would be unstoppable!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. You already are unstoppable! I was looking for you singing in that group of carolers :-) Didn't they sing "Santa Baby" back in Dickens era??
    Looks like you had a fabulous day. I spent my day yesterday in Hermann, MO watching my son race his bike....it was cold! But it's what he loves to do so we love it too.
    Have a great week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like your had a wonderful time. We used to have a small town that had dickens carolers during the holiday season. It was always so much fun. Sadly they no longer do it. That Santa was so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog background is stunning!!! Love the pic of you & santa as your header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed looking around Patti. As a Santa collector my eyes went right to all of yours. Really nice ones.
    Some of your photos are missing though. I don't know if it is at my end or yours. I didn't get to see your dining room tree and several other pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - how cute do you look with Santa! =) Thanks for adding the link to my giveaway. I'm adding you to my blog list as we speak! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti, thank you so much for your prayers yesterday! God bless you!
    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete