Monday, November 26, 2018

The Christmas Crate....

One of my favorite Christmas decorations is this "Christmas Crate" I painted  almost 30 years ago.



I painted a produce crate from the grocery store and stenciled on all 4 sides...


I also added some "snow" to the edges....


...and a few shipping stickers...


I have used it to hold dishes on the buffet, to deliver Christmas gifts, to hold a hot casserole on the table, as an appetizer tray....


...and even to deliver cookies:


It has held lots of special sweet treats throughout the years!


It is definitely one of my decorations I look forward to bringing out every holiday season!

What is your favorite Christmas decoration?



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. I love it too, Patti! Some things are just classics, pure and simple. That's definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cute! I'm not sure what my favorite Christmas decoration is - I have a lot of them that throughout the years have become very special. I have a little red wagon I want to add in to my back patio decor this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 years! Wow, I am so 'Crateful' you showed this very special decoration of yours! I love it decorated with the red and white stripes! Timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, this was such a cute idea and useful piece. I can see why it is a favorite. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be our tree decorated with ornaments that span five decades. Each one holds a special memory of time or place or friend or family member. It brings me joy to pull out each special ornament, decorate our tree, and then sit beside the twinkling lights all during the holidays. Some of those special ornaments that hang on our tree are from a special friend in Syracuse. đŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas crate is cool. How special you painted that 30 years ago. Patti, you did a great job. The goodies and MKC items look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea Patti, I can't believe you created it so long ago!! Love all the different uses!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete