Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Shabby Chest…..

I recently bought this chest from a friend.  I think it was once a music box of some type.  There are 3 doors on the front, the top door drops down and the bottom two open traditionally.  The top of the chest opens upright.     He used it for a "bar"and it is a perfect piece for just that.  It would also be great storage in a bedroom or bathroom for linens.

But it needed an update!


I painted it in white chalk paint and glazed it in a clear glaze mixed with black paint.  It was distressed before glazing.


I also updated the knobs:


I "washed" the inside with black paint:


It is a sturdy piece of furniture that has been brought back to life with a little love, elbow grease and paint!



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful chest and I really like the new paint job.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good looking makeover, Patti.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...