Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Book Exchange Brunch….

What do you do with all of your books that you have read?

My table is set for a brunch with a girlfriend with the goal of exchanging books to read over the summer:


I used my MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check dishes, topped with green dishes and then a bright cheery plate with a blue flower….


…each setting had a sweet little Susan Branch card ….


…with a fun quote that can be used as a bookmark:


My MacKenzie-Childs purse is filled with the books I would like to exchange...


... and in front are 2 vases filled with green hydrangeas:


Off to the side is a little butter dish I painted years ago:


This was a great way to find some new books to read...


…and good company to enjoy some quiche, muffins and fruit salad!

Sharing with
Inspire me Tuesday
DIY by Design
BNOTP


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

14 comments:

  1. how sweet. i love reading, so my mom and MIL swap books and suggestions all the time.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty table, Patti, that you've set for you and your friend. I love the idea of exchanging books that you've read.
    I also read your post on Delaware, OH. I grew up in Columbus and my Mom, sister and brother still live there. I'm glad you had fun antiquing in Delaware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to swap books, and make it a fun afternoon. The MacKenzie-Childs bags are very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to swap books! I love it and I love ANYTHING MacKenzie-Childs! Wish I lived closer---you would have had to lock me out to keep me away! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea, Patti! Love the CC theme and the green hydrangeas. I just bought a bouquet yesterday. Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, visiting from Swing into Spring. I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable luncheon table...I love it all.
    I am going to have quiche, fruit salad and a veggie tray for my next Bunco gathering...if you have a killer recipe for a quiche, would you kindly share...??
    hugs and happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea! We did something similar at a MOPS breakfast once and it was a big hit! I totally love the idea of a women only book exchange. Food, friends, and fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patti, This sounds like a great idea! I try to give my books away to my mom but they always come back so my stack just gets bigger and bigger! Your butter dish is so nicely done! Still traveling with my Miss Rosie! :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is this! Love the idea and of course the MC pieces! The green dishes really pop off of the MC plate- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love everything Patti, the bright color plates mixed with my all time fav McK-Chds Courtly check, and the idea of a summer book exchange! How much fun!! I read everything on a kindle or iPad these days, but I do miss reading and holding a real book. Those topiaries with the funny proverbs are hilarious!! Love the books in your tote, it's all fabulous!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS is a great idea for a table!! I love it and already am planning to do the same theme with a girlfriend. The colors are fabulous and lime green is one of my all time favorite colors. I love the purse filled with books, too!! Oh, my thinking wheels are turning now!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea! The green looks so great with the black and white check. Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those top plates are so cheerful and bright and look perfect with the other plates. Wonderful theme table!

    ReplyDelete